Your wedding is one of the most important days of your life, but that doesn’t mean it has to be stressful! Today I’m sharing 9 tips for a stress free wedding that will ease the anxiety and help you soak in every wonderful moment!
1. Hire a planner! Trust me on this one. Your wedding day will fly by and hiring a planner will help ensure the day runs smoothly. A planner will be your go-to person to handle vendors, manage the timeline and deal with any issues that may come up, leaving you and your new hubby free to be present and enjoy your day! If you don’t think a full service planner is in your budget, many planners offer packages for just the month of your wedding or day-of coordination.
2. Have your details ready. The first thing I’ll do when I arrive to your getting ready suite, after introducing myself to your bridesmaids and family, is get right to work on photographing your details. It saves major time if everything is together and ready to go! This includes your dress and shoes, jewelry, rings, invitation suite, something borrowed, something blue and anything else you want photographed. It’s also a great idea to have your bouquets delivered to your getting ready room, rather than the reception venue, so I can include them in your detail photos!
3. Prepare your family for photos. The family portrait portion of the day can be a little bit hectic, but it helps if everyone is prepared! Be sure to communicate with each family member you want included in the photos and let them know where to be and when. Typically, family portraits happen right after the ceremony and it’s helpful to let uncle Bob know to stick around rather than head straight to the bar. It’s also helpful to have someone to wrangle the family, whether that’s your planner with the family list or someone that knows everyone well.
4. Pack a small emergency kit. You never know what snags you’ll run into but it doesn’t hurt to be prepared. You might include a couple of bobby pins, lipgloss, small scissors, stain remover stick, mints, band aids, a pain reliever, extra deodorant, and hairspray.
5. Get some sleep. It’s tempting to spend the few nights before your wedding staying up late to put the finishing touches on that DIY project or catching up with out of town guests, but if you make sure you’re getting enough sleep you will feel better and more present on your wedding day. Plus you’ll look extra gorgeous in your photos if you’re well rested!
6. Make sure you have a realistic timeline – leave more time for hair and makeup than you think you’ll need and traveling between ceremony and reception sites. And don’t forget to squeeze in a few minutes before your ceremony to retouch and relax!
7. Be sure to eat! With all the pre wedding excitement, it’s easy to forget to eat all together but it’s important to take care of yourself! Be sure to eat a healthy breakfast and stash some snacks like protein bars or trail mix in your bag to snack on through the day.
8. Bring some comfy back up shoes! No doubt, your shoes will be stunning but they’re probably not the most comfortable. You’ll be happy you have a comfy pair to change into when it’s time to dance the night away!
9. Take a minute to remember the reason for this day. Even the most well planned events can run into the occasional snag or hiccup but remembering why you two are tying the knot will help you roll with the punches and save your sanity. At the end of the day, your marriage is what matters!